What to Expect
Your visits to Pediatric Rheumatology Consultants will look a little different. We made some changes to ensure that our staff and patients are protected from COVID-19.
Your child’s first visit to Pediatric Rheumatology Consultants will focus on collecting information to help us evaluate and diagnose your child’s condition.
What to Expect FAQs
Please bring or prepare the following:
- Your child’s medical records. Make sure to send us your child’s medical records before your initial visit. If you are unable to obtain your child’s medical records, we can do so on your behalf. Fill out a medical records request form and email it to us via the patient portal or contact a Pediatric Rheumatology Consultants representative.
- Bring gym shorts or have your child wear them to the visit.
- Remove fingernail polish. Your child must have clean fingernails at the visit.
- Arrive 15 minutes before your appointment to complete any necessary registration information.
- For telehealth appointments, registration must be completed at least 30 minutes prior to the scheduled visit to avoid having to reschedule. Find out more about what you can expect with a telehealth visit. Please wait for Dr. Ruy Carrasco in the virtual waiting room. A nurse will notify you in the waiting room if the doctor is running behind.
After your visit, your child’s primary care provider and/or referring physician will get a copy of the consultation.